Saturday, April 18, 2009

I Am a United States Citizen

On Wednesday I was sworn in to become a United States Citizen. What an exciting day it was. I was really glad to have my husband, kids, parents, younger brothers, Alec, and Todd and Shaunna to share the occasion. It was a really nice and emotional ceremony. After it, we headed to Market Street Grill for a nice and very snowy lunch. We missed my parents and brother and sister, but they had to leave after the ceremony because my dad had to go back to work.
Thank you so much for those who came!

Photobucket
The judge let family members go up to the stage and take pictures. Randy took some pictures and recorded the rest. It was pretty cool. And yes, I'm wearing the same dress I wore for Easter because is only dress that fits me right now.

Photobucket
My wonderful husband and adorable kids!

Photobucket
My cute family.

Photobucket
I'm really glad Alec got to see a Naturalization Ceremony.

Photobucket
Don't these guys look great!

Photobucket
Max watching "Incredibles" in my iPhone. It's so great because we can keep him sitting down for so much longer!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is what the roads looked like when we headed home. Crazy huh!

4 comments:

Hyrum and Elsie said...

Congratulations Cathy!! you have a beautiful family. What a grand day!

Jen Suman said...

Cathy you look beautiful! Can't wait to see you!

Jessica Wille said...

Congratulations, I wish we could have been there (listen to me inviting myself). Cathy...you look awesome!

Brittany said...

What a glorious day! I feel like belting out "God Bless America". You being here has certainly been a blessing for all those who know you and our country too! :)

NC

HL