As of May, Friday the 14th at 2:20 pm. Randy has completed his last (and I hope last) law degree from Georgetown University. The kids and I drove down to DC with a big box and a small hand cart to pick up the 50 lbs worth of books from daddy's locker. It was a great but sad feeling for Randy. He had an amazing time at Georgetown, made great friends, and learned SO MUCH. I know he will miss taking a break from school work and going for a run around the National Mall, and walking outside the campus to see the U.S. Capitol in all its glory (it's an amazing building). I know I'll miss driving to DC a couple times a week. I won't miss the traffic but I'll miss the beautiful scenery.
Well, we had to celebrate so we went all out! We and our friends, Eric and Jinaya, had an amazing dinner at The Capital Grille in DC. It was fabulous! Everything we ordered was absolutely delicious and cooked to perfection. Our steaks were juicy, flavorful, and unbelievably tender, except for Jinaya's ;), and I ate every bit of mine with great pleasure. Yeah, steak makes me that excited. Our salads were great and our sides were even better. We had Fresh Asparagus with Hollandaise, Parmesan Truffle Fries, and the most delicious Au Gratin Potatoes. And the desserts! Oh my! I had the Flourless Chocolate Espresso Cake: A rich, dense dream of a cake. A hint of espresso, fresh rasberries, whipped cram and Melba sauce. Randy and Jinaya had the Cheesecake with Fresh Berries: A lighter, fluffier version of its New York cousin. The cheesecake is nestled in a vanilla wafer crust and garnished with fresh, sweet berries, a luscious strawberry sauce, and topped with a crisp sugar crust. And Eric had the Classic Crème Brûlée: A crisp caramelized sugar crust to the creamiest of custards below to see why this remains a perennial favorite. It was so good and even though we won't be eating out to dinner for the rest of the year, it was worth it!
The pictures are a little blurry because the restaurant was so dimly lit.
My ribeye steak
Randy's porter house
Eric had a ribeye too and Jinaya had the filet
Ribeyes have a lot of fat but it's just a delicious marbled piece of art
The celebrating graduates
Cheesecake
Crème Brûlée
Flourless Chocolate Espresso Cake
Thank you for a wonderful night you guys!
5 comments:
"Ribeyes have a lot of fat but it's just a delicious marveled piece of art." YUCK!
I'm glad you two had fun. And with no kids, too!!
BOO YA! Yay for Randy! Now, get your booties out here! :)
go randy! congratulations! now get back to utah asap! and my mouth is watering from those pictures...yummmmmmmmm!
Congratulations Randy!!!
You just made me really hungry! Looks like a great celebration!!
WOW! Awesome food! Looks like FUN! Miss you!
Post a Comment