Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Borrowed Post

My wonderful friends Corinne and Elizabeth threw us a goodbye party since we are living-ish. We are so lucky to have been here in Virginia have made some really amazing friends who have become our family. I borrowed Elizabeth's post of our great party.

Thank you girls!!! It was awesome!

you don't need a reason to party

Something we are learning about the DC area: it is super transient.
People are constantly moving in and moving out.
It's a little hard on my heart but I am trying to learn to focus on the positive and just embrace the flow of new friends while keeping in touch with old friends. (How does that saying go? Ha.)

When Corinne and I planned this party, Cathy and Randy were definitely moving.
We even had to move the date up suddenly at one point.
But then we found out there's a chance they'll get to stay.
Emotional roller coaster!
Anyway, we went ahead with their going-away party, but we'd be thrilled if it ended up being a staying-here party!
Our dessert table!
Very, very loosely inspired by Amy Atlas. :)Caramel apple dip, made-from-scratch cupcakes, fresh fruit trifle, and pixie sticks.Loved this idea from Country Living--tea lights in canning jars. So cheap and chic!
The kids we having a blast the entire time, running around and playing outside.
Party favors--saw this idea on a blog and was dying to try it. You just sew one end of a rolled up piece of cardstock, fill with mini chocolate bars, and hold it closed in the other direction and sew. I love it! I need another reason to make some more! Anyone need a baby shower?!

SO it was a really fun night. I forgot to take a picture of the other thing we did--a big hardcover coffee table book about Washington DC, passed around with a sharpie so everyone could write them notes inside. Kinda like a yearbook.

Hopefully they feel loved and hopefully they get to stay out here!

No comments:

NC

HL