We had another awesome Christmas.
Our first Christmas in our new home and we could not have felt any more blessed. The only thing missing was my mom. Christmas was her favorite holiday and now matter how she was feeling, she would put a smile on her face and enjoyed it to the fullest. This year we really missed her smile and her love for her grandchildren. Thankfully we still felt her spirit with us and I thanks to her we have a little bit of Heaven in our homes.
We had a busy Christmas holiday. We spent Christmas eve at my dad's house with my family, Christmas morning at our house, and Christmas evening at the cabin with Randy's family. I'm so grateful we can spend time with everyone every year.
I took some pictures of our house with Christmas decor before I painted the house and I'm so glad because I didn't take before and afters of the paint. A few days before Christmas I decided I really wanted to paint our house gray. Randy and I had talked about it but knew it was going to be a lot of work and we didn't want to do that to ourselves so we decided to hire someone to come and do it. And got me SO EXCITED! What I wasn't thinking is that EVERYONE during the holidays is busy and we couldn't find anyone to come and get it done before Christmas. Since I was so excited and couldn't handle it anymore I decided to do it myself. I'm so happy I did because it took me about 2 and 1/2 days and it was totally worth it!!!
Christmas gifting is hard. You want to give your kids toys they will like, use it for more than just Christmas day, that doesn't brake the bank, that won't stab you if you step on it, that is somewhat educational, age appropriate but will grow with them, something that doesn't spoil them, something that doesn't have a MILLION pieces that will end up scattered throughout your house, and of course that it's not the same thing Santa's giving them! Finding gifts like that is practically impossible I think so we ended up giving our children whatever we thought would make them smile :).
A million pieces! And they ARE scattered throughout the house.
Beyblade. They will stab you hard if you step on them!
No comments:
Post a Comment