Cathy, thanks for everything. Even though it's my name on the diploma's, you're the one who deserves all the credit for any of my successes. Thanks. I love you.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Dear Cathy:
It was six years ago that I met the girl who has changed my life. I knew she was the one, but I learn more every day why she is the one for me. I was close to finishing my master's degree when we were married. She thought she had it made. A husband with an advanced degree who would be able to provide for her. Six years later I'm still in school. That's right. Cathy's thought of a husband who would be a provider from the beginning while she finished school disappeared. When I mentioned law school to her she thought it was a good idea. I was surprised that she was so supportive. I could see in her eyes that she knew what it really meant for her. If I went to law school it wouldn't just postpone her schooling, but it would pretty much end her aspirations for a college degree. She stood beside me the whole time, sacrificing her own schooling. Following me to Texas for two years where she fell in love with San Antonio just so I could again tear her away and move back to Utah to finish law school. Two of us went to Texas and three of us left Texas. Max was our little Texas born blessing. Then in Utah Cathy kept it up for another two years while I commuted from Orem to Salt Lake every day to finish school. Long days kept her home alone with Max and our next blessing, Penelope, while I continued with my degree. In May 2009 I finally graduated. But it wasn't over for my sweetheart. As soon as school was over Cathy endured longer days without me while I studied 6 days a week for 2 months for the bar exam. Without Cathy I never would have passed the bar. She strengthened me and supported me through my entire degree. I owe all my academic success to Cathy for standing behind me the whole time. And here I go again. I've uprooted her once more. This time from Utah to Washington, DC for another year of school. That's right. six years since we met, 5 and 1/2 years since we were married, and I'm still in school. Three degrees, three states, and two children later there remains one constant. My selfless Cathy has been a constant support while I move the family all over the country. I don't know how to thank Cathy enough. I hope that after these 6 years of support she has given me I can give her 66+ years of support once I finally get that job I've been working for this whole time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
When I opened my blog and saw this I said WHAT THAT HECK! Now I can't stop crying! I love you Randy and I would do it all over again and many times over. I am such a happy girl and I've had such an amazing life and marriage and I wouldn’t change a thing.
Awwww... That was too sweet.
Precious! Every husband in the world needs to read this and learn from it! I'm glad my sister has a great husband like Randy!
That is so sweet! I love you guys!!
That is very sweet! You have an awesome family Cathy.
Post a Comment