Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sometimes you just need to close the door...

Today I did what just had to be done. I had to go to the bathroom to pee which I hate. Going to the bathroom takes more time then I'd like to give it. And inevitably the moment your cheeks touch the seat, everything that can go wrong in your house will. That's why when I'm alone with the kids I like to go to the bathroom with the door open just so I can be aware of what's going on and so my kids can hear the "Max leave Penelope alone!" or "Penelope don't touch that!" yells much better. Today it was one of the times where the kids just needed to be in the bathroom with me. Penelope was really tired and crying right next to me while climbing on the scale, trash, and toilet seat, the one I'm sitting on, all at once. Seriously, I don't know how she does that. As I'm trying to push Penelope away Max comes in wearing his new "Small Fries" shirt and starts feeding me imaginary fries. So, once again I'm stuck in the bathroom and this time with my kids in it. Then I did what had to be done. Kicked them out and shut the door. Max walked away mad and Penelope cried at the door but at least I got 30 to 40 seconds of peace... kind of.

I love my kids and I wouldn't trade any of this for the world!!!

7 comments:

Brittany said...

A true story told from the Diaper Bag! You know you're a mom when you can't even go to the bathroom in peace. I was laughing pretty hard at this story.

Leslie said...

Ok, I'll be honest...you had me laughing. I could picture it perfectly...hahaha.
Frustrating...yet perfect.
How does that happen?

Paula-Adam said...

totally understand...kids..that's all I'm going to say..

Barlow Fam said...

Love it, you crack me up. LOVED your card. :) We miss you.

The Andersons said...

yes. yes. yes. i do the same thing. door open. sophie knocks on the door saying mommy?! mommy?! where are you!? if i close it.... so I sit on the toilet while she brings me toys. and puts them on my lap. its great. whats worse is when your husband is home and your daughter AND husband both come into the bathroom to "hang out" while i'm peeing.... i can't even take a pee in peace. but i love it. :D

Jessica Wille said...

Ha! I can totally relate to that. Don't you love it:)

Tad and I just sat down for 1/2 and hour and talked about how we miss you guys. He's got some brilliant plan about us retiring together he will lay out for you when we hopefully get to see you in Utah at Christmas. Personally...I think we need to live by you sooner than that.

Molly said...

LOL!! Amen!

NC

HL