Why do I do this to myself? I'm sick, physically tired, and sleep deprived. Why do I flip out because Max went pee pee in the potty but forgot to pull down his underwear? I have a wonderful washer and dryer just a few steps from me to take care of that. Why flip out because Penelope touched the toilet with Max's pee all over it? I have a sink with clean running water right next to me to wash her hands. Why not let Max watch a few more cartoons so I can go to the bathroom AND PEE without any major disasters for crying out loud?!!! Why not put Penelope to bed and not go to Target to return things that can wait for many weeks if necessary and to buy things I don't need. I have these ideas of things that will make life easier but it's a nightmare just getting those things implemented. It doesn't have to get done TODAY! Next week the need will still be there and the solution will still be just as wonderful.
Ok, now that I'm done yelling at myself I need to be positive. You are a good mother. You love your kids with all your heart and only want what's best for them. You want to give them a clean, beautiful, calm, peaceful and loving home where they can grow and always feel the spirit, feel safe, and loved. You want them to grow-up to be happy, honest, loving, respectful, successful, God loving individuals. And you know that you will do everything in your power to give them these things. A few hard days will not jeopardize that. Keep it up and just remember to pray for strength and you will have it.
8 comments:
Ok, I'll admit that I was laughing at first, because I've totally gotten upset at such silly things too! And then, when I lay in bed at night, I sit there and beat myself up over the fact and worry that Gabe will resent me for it. You are a wonderful mom, and you have two gorgeous babies who LOVE you!
Smile, I love you. You're a great mom and you know it. Just don't let yourself forget it. Hope you can find some time to rest. I'll be home to take care of you after school. XOXO
oh AND....at least he peed in the toilet right? It could have been in his undies and pants on the floor, which is much harder to clean than the toilet! :)
been there done that!! At least your not alone in what your feeling. I have finally learned with my third to just enjoy being at home with him, cuz as much as I love that the other two are in school I have to admit that I miss those days when they were 2 and 3 and we just "hung out" at home :) Never thought I would say that haha
You are a wonderful mom! We just happen to be perfectionists...and therefore expect few messes...I always find myself freaking out. But at least we can laugh at ourselves. :)
You are the best mom around, crazy!!!! I miss you so much.
It seems your family has a lot of "pee pee" issues...I'm just sayin' good luck and let me know if you need any help (with anything unrelated to "pee pee" that is :)
Oh how I know those days! I loved this post. Thanks! Pee pee makes me crazy. More than crazy! I yell at myself all too often and I'm saying those exact words. You're great. You're kids are super lucky to have you as a mom!
Post a Comment