The flight was LONG! 20 hours of traveling was not fun. We drove from Virginia to Maryland to fly to Chicago, then to Los Angeles, to arrive in Lihue. Our kids were suprizingly good but it took a lot of work to keep them happy. Played with them, talked, asked them a million questions, stickers on paper, bought toys at the airport, treats, and so much more. We arrived to Lihue and had to wait, for what felt like ever, in the airplane before we got to walk out. We were in the very back of the airplane and even though we were right next to the bathrooms it was actually quite nice (except for the waiting to get out of the airplane.) As we walked up the airplane aisle to exit we were amazed at the mess! I mean, come on people! We have 2 kids under the age of 4 and we left our seats spotless. We clean up after ourselves and our kids. It's not that hard! Cool side note, we saw Pierce Brosnan at the Lihue airport. That was cool.
Anyway, our first day in Kauai was awesome. Penelope had a bit of a hard time getting used to all the sand and the water but she loved it once she remembered the beach is awesome. Max loves playing in the sand, swimming, and playing with Iver. Very much expeceted but what we didn't expect was the 2 hour long nap on the beach. Yesterday and today!
The new house is amazing! I really can't believe how beautiful it is. I'll have to make a whole new post for it.





5 comments:
Just saw Molly today and she told me you decided to go to Hawaii. So fun! Hope you have an awesome trip. We just got your pictures in the mail. Love em. Thanks a ton!!
So awesome...so glad you are still blogging on your trip :). We miss you guys!
Getting Penelope started on the diet coke early, eh? Hhahah awesome! I love Max's little bum shot he'll hate you one day for that! take a nap on the beach for me mmmk?
oh man that looks like heaven! glad you're having fun. thanks for the update!
you are such an amazing photographer, you always get such great pictures, I love it! and I miss my girl!
Post a Comment