Living on the mountains is hard. At least it's hard for me. It takes me 15 to 20 minutes to get down the canyon and if there's snow, you never can tell. So, if I'm going anywhere, I need to leave 30 to 40 minutes earlier to there on-time. That's a lot of time in the car I could be using doing something else. Plus, if we go somewhere, we're usually gone for the whole day because we can't just go home for a quick nap and then be out again. Also, we have good and new studded snow tires but I think that they're pretty bald by now and getting up the driveway can be really hard, depending on the weather, since our car doesn't have 4WD. I know I'm totally complaining but I guess I want to vent a little. I just had a really hard 30 minutes trying to get up our super steep driveway. I kept sliding and getting stuck. I think my tires lost about 1/4 inch of rubber just today. I really didn't want to carry my sleeping kids up the driveway and our Costco groceries. Oh well, that's life. It could be worst right? I do get to live in a pretty awesome and beautiful place, with a few winter inconveniences.
Here are some pictures from the 3 feet of snow we got on Sunday.
4 comments:
I don't live to far! You can come for a brief visit any time!
I meant too far (sorry).
Oh Cathy, I can totally relate! sounds like you live in a really cool place but I can understand how inconvenient it can be sometimes. We live in a condo on the third floor, and even though it's right in downtown Provo, it's so hard hauling stuff upstairs, not to mention sleeping kids and such. But while our house is being built I guess I have to deal with it right?
yikes! look at that snow!!! come stay for a day anytime!!!
Post a Comment