Our friends Tay and Kim got a group of people together to do the Red Rock Relay and Randy and I signed up. Kim posted on Facebook that they were looking for runners for the relay. Minutes after her post I asked her what it was all about. 187 miles from Brianhead to Zion, 12 runners, 2 vans, 2 days, and non-stop running. Of course I was in! I asked Randy if he wanted to do it with me but he was "busy" watching the U.S. Open and if you know Randy you would understand that bugging him during this is like bugging Sean (The Fast Lane) during the BYU and Utah game. I felt like a kid again asking my mom if I could go play outside while she's in the middle of a very important phone call. You want and need to know right now but don't know exactly when to ask. You can't push it because you know she'll snap and say no. LOL. After a few minutes I'm the one who snapped and demanded and answer. He said yes :)
All I can say is that it was a blast!!! I am forever in love with relays and a few days after RRR I signed up to do the Las Vegas Ragnar. I've heard it's really hard so I hope I still like relays after that one.
Planning the night before.
Waiting for our start time. Seth and Eric are missing from this picture.
I'm so happy we got to do this together!
The girls minus Bobby Jo who was running.
Randy starting his first leg.
Starting my second leg right at midnight.
Our group picture after crossing the finish line.
The Girls!
Can't wait for next year!













No comments:
Post a Comment