Yesterday we got up and it was still a little dark. I guess that's what 5:45am looks like. I am NOT a morning person but when it comes to Independence Day activities I will get up. Randy and I got dressed first and while I was still in the bathroom, Randy got Max up and dressed. I picked up Penelope out of her crib and it made me sad to disturb my precious baby who was sound a sleep with both arms up by her head and with cute puckered lips. She wasn't mad at me for waking her. Instead she happilly talked to me and laughed at all my funny faces and sounds. While I was dressing Penelope I could hear Max in the other room talking to Randy about the balloons he was going to see. He sounded so happy and excited even though he had no idea what these "big balloons" even looked like. Once everyone was dressed and the car was packed we headed to the Balloon Festival. I love summer mornings in Utah. It's light outside and just a little cold. I can smell the wet grass and I think of soccer camps and summer trips. I love it. When parked our car a few street off the field, loaded the kids in the double stroller and headed towards the balloons. As soon as Max saw them he seemed to excited until we got close to them and he saw the what was blowing them up. Fire! Max is very afraid of fire and just hearing the burners struck fear in his beautiful eyes. But Penelope on the other hands couldn't have been happier. She just loved being outside watching people all around her. He is a people person. I love that about her.
We met up with Todd, Shaunna, and their boys and Max finally loosened up and enjoyed the balloon launch. Here are the pictures from the event.
That looks like so much fun! I always think about going, but then I think about how early I have to wake up to get ready and get there and I think I'll wait until Keaton's older when he can appreciate it more. :) I'm like you, I'm not a morning person either!
Awesome pictures!! I love all the festivities in the Provo area for the 4th. I've never been to the balloon festival, and it looks like so much fun. Your kids are growing up and so so cute!
I'm going to ask Tad if he ever checks your blog from his blackberry???
3 comments:
Isn't that so much fun?! I wonder every year while I am waking up my kids if it'll be worth it and it always is!! You have some great pictures!
That looks like so much fun! I always think about going, but then I think about how early I have to wake up to get ready and get there and I think I'll wait until Keaton's older when he can appreciate it more. :) I'm like you, I'm not a morning person either!
Awesome pictures!! I love all the festivities in the Provo area for the 4th. I've never been to the balloon festival, and it looks like so much fun. Your kids are growing up and so so cute!
I'm going to ask Tad if he ever checks your blog from his blackberry???
Post a Comment