I'm starting an Etsy shop... again. But this one is a little different than the other one. I will be selling posters, invitations, announcements, business cards, and maybe a few other things. Right now I'm starting with posters. I have a few designs that I would like to start with but I need your feedback.
I want to design something you would like to hang in your home but I don't know what that is. I know what I want to have in my home but not yours and that's exactly what I want to know.
Here are some questions that might help me find out.
Do you like the designs you see here? (Be honest! It will only help me)
Are any of these something you would like to hang in your home?
Would you make changes to any of these designs? If so, what would you change.
What size would you buy? 8x10? 11x14? 13x19? 16x20? or any other?
How much would you pay for one?
Do you have any ideas or suggestions for future designs?
Is there something you would like have in your house that you can't find anywhere?
Would you be willing to pay someone to have it designed and printed?
I'm not selling these framed. This is just an example of my personal favorite.
I'm not sure about this one. I just loved the VW Van so much but I didn't know what to really do with it so I just wrote "The Van" on it to call it a poster.
My grill poster needs some work. Any suggestions?
You can leave feedback in the comments section or you can email me at caty99@gmail.com.
Do you want a free poster?!?!?!
Once I have my shop up and running I will be sending posters to any of you who post a link to my shop. Does that sound good to you? I got this idea from my friend Natalie and I loved it because I got a free poster from her!

















23 comments:
I love all the designs you have there, I would hang them in my home, I also think " be you own kind of beautiful" is a cute saying that would look good hung on the wall.
I'm kind of a bachelor so I'd feel a little wierd with such "cute" things hanging in my bad, but I love your designs. Your talent is really amazing! I will gladly link to your site and recommend your stuff to anybody! Keep it up!
I love them!! I'll definitely link to your site! My favorites...the birds, the top one (love that saying), penelope's room, love at home, the skateboarder, and the mother one. Okay, that's almost all of them. They are really all great!
Oh, and I also like the option to buy 5x7s. Sometimes I have a little spot that needs a little something. Just a thought.
so cute! my faves are the skater one and love at home. If i had girls my favorites would probably be different :) They are all cute! I don't know what I would pay. have you compared them to similar things on etsy? I would find something similar then price yours a few dollars less. Having all different sizes is a good idea. some people might want to frame them to put on the counter while others might want it to take up a lot of wall space. Let me know when it's up and running!
I like the "I am a child of God" for a girl's bedroom. Would you sell them with frames?
Thank you guys so much for the feedback you!
Thanks for the quote Dawn!
Dave, maybe I need to add something for photographers? That might be a good idea!
Smaller options for Jess.
And something not so girly for Katie. Maybe something that rocks?
April, I wouldn't sell them framed. So I need to make sure people know that.
Thanks you guys!
Your designs are super cute girli! You did a really good job. My only suggestions are that I noticed a lot of your colors are more pastels and I prefer darker, richer colors like burgandy and olive green and black and stuff like that. Your designs wouldn't match with what I have in my home right now, but if you use the same designs but have different color options to choose from, that would be great! You are so creative and have a great eye for design, keep up the good work!!!
Super cute friend! I really enjoyed the quotes! And I already think you received several really great suggestions. :)
I love your designs! Super cute. My favorite is the Love at Home one. I would definitely suggest having different color options like someone else mentioned. The only place in my house that I'd be able to put up something pink would be in my girls' room. Also, I love the skater one and would like to see more boyish stuff. I think the van one would be fantastic in a more boyish color scheme without any words at all. Just my 2 cents! Good luck with the Etsy shop!
How cute!! I love these~ and would love even more to have one! Do you want me to put a link up now or when you get your site up and going?
Oh and I agree... more boys stuff :)
I love them all :) so dang cute, ya i would love to see some more boy stuff and I love the quote that Dawn wrote. I would love to hang that quote in Abbie's room. Of course I would put a link up on my blog :) let me know when you've got everything ready
i would add some square sizes too -like 16x16. maybe you could do a few that go together, like three of the same size that would hang next to eachother. the birds posters - my first thought was maybe add a vintage scrapbook paper pattern in the background. the penelope's room one is my favorite, maybe move the word 'room' up a bit. the all the rights of women...to be a mother one - the typeface is a little hard to read. the van one is cool, it might look better if the stroke was a little thicker. the 'i love cupcakes' i love how you switched the typefaces with each letter, what a cute idea. what great ideas you have!
Those are cute Cathy. What a fun idea! Well, I am always looking for sport themed stuff and also trucks, cars would be cute.
I love them! You know what I totally love too is the ones that have "endurance" stuff for triathlons, marathons. etc. quotes to keep you going. Does that make sense?
What a great thing you've got going !!! I always have ideas and then never do anything with them, good for you!!! My favorites are the birds, and I think I like them the most because it's a graphic and not words... that's just me though :) I also like the breakdancer or skate boarder... Oh I thought that ponelope's room was cute as well... I can see these types of posters more in a child's room or even on a little note card!!! I would most likely want a size 5x7 or 8x10 hope this helps:)
I think the Pink Cupcakes one is DARLING for a little girl's room. I wouldn't get it bigger than an 11x 14 however.
This is really a great idea...and YES I think there is a HUGE market out there for people who want something specific for their house designed and printed. I would pay to get exactly what I wanted for my home!
I totally love the idea! Are you going to allow people to request different quotes and sizes? I would definitely buy one!
Ok, sorry it took me so long. I LOVE your eye. You have such cute things, I need mine to say Dr. Pepper though! :) I like Jessica's idea too of smaller, then you could also have the option of groupings. Really cool stuff.
i love the posters! waaay cute. I would totally buy one.sizes i would probably buy first would be 8 X10 or a size bigger. Are you a graphic designer or just really talented? Anyway, I like it. Thought I'd give you a thumbs up
I like the one with the mother's quote but in a darker color, also the cupcakes one but would choose colors for a boy, the kitchen one is cute and would like it in burgundy or black . About the sizes I would get them probably on 8×10 or 11×14 .Good luck with your etsy shop! Congratulations
On the van poster you should write something like "you wish you looked this good" or "you wish you were this cool".
Post a Comment