I've wanted to post something about Max being such a polite little boy for sometime now. I was going to do it two days ago actually. I thought about it in the morning when I got up because I got him some breakfast he and said "Thank you mama" with that adorable sweet voice he has. But I didn't post that day. I couldn't do it because that day Max really tested my patience. He was so naughty and I couldn't believe that my little boy was behaving that way. He would spit all the time no matter how many times I put him in timeout. He wouldn't let me get him bathed and dressed. He ran away from me every time I needed to change his diaper. He was loud and destructive. That was a hard day. The next day he was a little better and today he is almost back to normal. He still is a 2 year old boy, but he is a good 2 year old boy.
Here is what I wanted to say two days ago. Ever since Max was old enough to let us know that he wanted something we encouraged him to say please and thank you. Even if he couldn't say it back to us. We would tell him he needed to say please and thank you and then we would say it for him, since he couldn't, then we would say your welcome. I guess after doing this since he was just a baby, when he started speaking, saying those words came naturally for him. I love that about him. Now, he doesn't always say those words, but maybe 80% of the time he does and I'm thankful for that. He is also really good about being reverent for prayers. He will stop what he's doing to fold his arms and pray with us. Again, he doesn't do this all the time but about 80% of the times he does. Now he is getting better at apologizing for doing something wrong on his own. He will always say he is sorry when I ask him to apologize because if he doesn't he gets another timeout. But he is getting better. I'm so proud of my little boy and I just hope he keeps it up. Especially when he's a teenager :). A mother can always dream.
2 comments:
You have taught him well. I love that he is SOOOO Gracious. And there is nothing more special than a little one taking time out from play to fold his arms and pray!
He is such a sweet little guy. I miss you guys! Eli is that way too, he always says "sorry mom" when he does something wrong or makes a mess. He even says it when I'm the one that made the mess!
Post a Comment