Monday, March 1, 2010

Prayers for Chile

Chile is my country. I was born there in 1981 and moved to the US when I was 12 years old. I love that about me. I speak fuent spanish and it's a cool spanish because of the chilean accents.

The 8.8 earthquake that hit Chile on February 27th was devastating. Thankfully my whole family is fine and accounted for. No one suffered major destruction except for a few broken household items. We were very blessed. But others are in great need. It's a very sad and painful situation but I know Chile will be fine. Chile has the strongest economy in South American and I think it's because of it's people. They know how to work hard. They work very hard for what little they have and are proud of it. My prayers will be with my family, friends, and country.
(AP Photo/Roberto Candia)
I just loved this photograph.

3 comments:

Corinne said...

I've been thinking of you since the earthquake...I'm so glad your family is okay.

Barlow Fam said...

Yes, lots of prayers. I too love that picture, it speaks volumes.

Anjella said...

:( They have been in our prayers friend.

NC

HL