Friday, February 12, 2010

Christmas in Utah

I still have so much to blog about. I've been behind since November. I was thinking to just skip it and start fresh but I can't. Week, months, or years from now I want to look back on my blog and know what we were up to so I will just have to take the time and blog even if it's all out of order.

Christmas was crazy for us. We had our own Christmas on the 20th (with Santa's special permission ;)) because we were leaving to Utah on the 21st. Well, we had a big storm, flights were delayed, canceled, rescheduled, days later, blah blah. We didn't leave until the 24th on a direct 1st class flight. Yeah, we got upgraded to 1st class and it was nice.
We arrived in Utah at around 7 or 8pm. Chandler picked us up and drove us to his house were Jeannie had left her car for us to drive the whole time. That was 3 weeks! Thank you Jeannie! We then drove to my parent’s house to have Christmas with my family. We celebrate Christmas on the 24th with my family and with Randy's family on the 25th in the afternoon. It really works out great for us because we have Christmas with everyone and all in a row. We arrived at my parents at around 10pm. Had dinner, talked, and open presents right after midnight. We all got clothes and the kids got a lot of toys that will have to wait for our return to Utah. My parents spoil our kids for Christmas. It was so fun even though we were exhausted.
We drove to Sparky and Jeannie's and were surprised that we had more snow in Virginia then at Sundance. We unloaded the car and settled the kids in bed and then had to go look around at the newly renovated cabin. It looked amazing! Chandler, Foo, and Tiff did an amazing job.
On Christmas day we had the cabin to ourselves since Sparky and Jeannie were out to everyone's houses watching the grandkids open presents. Randy cooked us an amazing breakfast (no surprise there) and we just hung out until everyone showed up at the cabin. We had so much with everyone and opened the coolest present ever. We wish for this every year and have been blessed with it once again. A trip to Hawaii! Yeah, we are spoiled rotten. The last 3 years we've haven't been sure if we would make it there and thankfully have. This year, again, we don't know either. Who knows what we'll be up to in the summer but no matter what we'll do our best to be there. Even if it's just me and the kids. Sorry honey!
I think that sums up Christmas.
~No Pictures of Christmas~
Can you believe it? This year I just wanted to be in the moment rather than capture it.

1 comment:

Shaunna said...

Wow! I haven't been on your blog for a while and am amazed at all your happenings! I didn't know you went to San Antonio... By yourself even! The snow is crazy! I miss you...BTW I got my new NIKON!!! Woot woot!

NC

HL